Online Colleges Cost the Same as a University?

Posted by: elizabeth76

Online Colleges Cost the Same as a University? - 10/30/2009 16:12 PM

Do online colleges all cost the same as a university? I would like to go back to college online but I am thinking community college would be cheaper?
Posted by: BackToSchool

Re: Online Colleges Cost the Same as a University? - 10/30/2009 18:26 PM

You're right. Online universities are often just as expensive as traditional universities. It doesn't make sense. A traditional university has a college campus to maintain and pay for and requires more employees. I think online degree programs feed off of people who feel they desperately need a degree any way they can get it. An online university obviously will not have a student gym, buildings for every department, a sports stadium, a student center, a computer lab, and groundskeeping expenses. You're better off going to a junior college as online colleges and universities have a bad reputation, especially among older professionals who grew up prior to the Internet. They are likely to laugh at your online college degree. Earn a degree from a traditional university.
Posted by: davisturner001

Re: Online Colleges Cost the Same as a University? - 11/25/2009 04:13 AM

Online degree programs are best suited to those who canít spare time to attend regular classes and canít make routine adjustments. Itís worthy to pursue degree from well recognized university to improve your skill set to thrive for better career hike.
Posted by: anntay

Re: Online Colleges Cost the Same as a University? - 09/23/2013 02:09 AM

Cost should always be an issue in college selection, though a fair number of students know about this. A recent survey of recent freshmen by researchers from UCLA found it is becoming a very big factor in their selection of alma mater.