Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#103 - 01/27/2002 09:41 AM Dealing with emotional 'stuff'
Firewolf Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Hi ~
I'm 32 and I've just gone back to college after a 12 year break to finish my art degree. I love my classes yet I've found myself having *a lot* of misgivings and thoughts of the 'Oh my god, what was I THINKING??' variety. In fact, this little graemlin has the exact expression as I: eek LOL

Other than a lot of deep breathing :p, what other tricks do you all have for managing these things?

Thanks!
Firewolf

#104 - 01/27/2002 15:24 PM Re: Dealing with emotional 'stuff'
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Firewolf:

Look for support for your educational goals through your family, employer, and by contacting re-entry student services at your school or by making connections with other older students. Know that you are not alone and that many adult students face such struggles and overcome them. :) As to "what were you thinking," you decided to go for your goal and you have more options than ever now to attain it.

Don't let thoughts of anxiety or doubt get to you. They are normal and to be expected. Continue on in your coursework and those thoughts will come less and less wink.

Janine

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.