Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105 - 02/20/2002 17:48 PM FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone,
I am a divorced mother of two boys ages 12 & 8. I am 33 yrs. old and made the decision to go to college. I really need to do this for myself and my children. I have limited skills as I didn't work to my full potential in high school and I am tired of working my fingers to the bone for little to no pay. I am just terrified that I won't be able to "fit in" on campus. Also that I will fail. eek I just needed to vent this and to see if anyone can relate and give some advice or words of encouragment.
Thanks. :)

#106 - 02/20/2002 17:59 PM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am 28 and the stay at home mom of 2 girls 2 and 4. I am returning to school after being out for about 5 years. It scares me that I won't finish again, but my attitude is that if I'm motivated to do it then I will. When I went to school before, I didn't care and wasted my time. Now, I want this and am not about to waste time or money! About the not fitting in...if you do, great and if you don't ..who cares! You have a full life out of school, so just go to class and do your best for yourself and your kids and don't worry about anyone else. Good Luck!

#107 - 02/24/2002 06:06 AM Re: FEAR
Soapie0 Offline

Loc: Deep South
I understand! I'm there, too! I'm 26 and have been out of school for almost 7 years. I'm married and have a three year old daughter. Going back to school scares me. I look very young, so I'm afraid people will think I just "fit in" and then when they find out I'm a settled family girl, they're going to think I'm a freak or something. I'm also afraid I won't be able to keep up with the learning.

#108 - 02/24/2002 10:09 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Relax. I went back at 39. There are plenty of older students going back to college today. You might consider taking a study skills or time management refresher course to get back into things and find a support network. Also, don't take too many courses at once - ease your way back in.

Starting something new is often scary. But you are not alone and others have gone before you. Go for it. :)

#109 - 03/10/2002 08:51 AM Re: FEAR
timmyq45 Offline

Loc: bay area
when i went back to school 10 years ago (in my 30's) I thought I would be the old man. What I found was that in some classes I was the youngest student. Alot of schools have a student success class which I highly recommend. This will help you to balance your life and still do well in school. Why I am here? Decided to do the Masters thing. I currently teach at a technical college.

#110 - 03/31/2002 10:11 AM Re: FEAR
thejavagod Offline

Loc: los angeles, ca
I'm 28, work full time and goto school fulltime (15 credits), although its true that I do not have kids. However, "fitting in" has never been a problem as there are students of all ages including tons of students between late 20s to late 30s. This is especially true for evening/night classes. Remember, learning is a lifelong process, not something that ends when you turn 22.

#111 - 04/24/2002 07:56 AM Re: FEAR
Maya Offline

Loc: Seattle
Hello peeps,

Don't worry about fitting in! Age is only an issue in college because of outdated mindsets. The reality is all people who go to college have at least two or three things in common, namely education and/or self-actualization or whatever.

Fear is a great topic! I know for me, the first time I went to college, well it was bittersweet. I dropped out and am returning at 26.

How I deal with my fears or self-doubt is to exercise, make a contact or two in each class I take, speak with my instructors so they know what I am about, keep a journal (for time management and unwanted feelings)and most importantly...have fun!

When I first went back I thought my age made me a failure. Yet, going back to school takes courage, so what does this say about me?

#112 - 04/24/2002 10:36 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maya, what a great response and great suggestions! Yes, fear is a good topic as many of us have experienced or experienced it. Some let it overcome them and never take the first step ( to go back to school.) I think attitudes are slowly changing about what is a traditional student. :)

#113 - 05/03/2002 08:54 AM Re: FEAR
MamaLoca Offline

Loc: Upstate New York
OK! OK! So now I've gone and done it.
Yesterday I quit one of my jobs. Yikes, was that ever scary after 10 years.
Today I headed over to the College and Started the rest of my life.
At 43, this is every bit as scarey as when my first husband walked out 12 years ago.
Little does he know that I he will be indirectly paying for some of this folly, lol. I'll be using some of the IRA money I got out of him from the divorce to help pay for school.
I signed up for two summer courses and got the poor ladies in admissions all in a tizzy. I had almost started this 5 years ago and now I find out that they had my middle initial wrong. So now they are having a heck of a time getting everything back together again. Wait till I tell them I took courses under my married name, lol.
I'm glad I found a place to vent and find folks who are doing or have done this.

#114 - 05/04/2002 11:14 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good for u mamaloca! :) Your sense of humor is a great asset. Wish you were in one of my "traditional" classes!! I am 47 and trying to finish an associate's degree via distance education (a couple general education credits in subjects, I ah, really don't like :) ). Distance education classes are hard in that you have to motivate yourself to do the work and it requires strong discipline. I wish you the best!

Shawna

#115 - 05/05/2002 07:45 AM Re: FEAR
MamaLoca Offline

Loc: Upstate New York
Thanx for noticing me Shawna. My hat's off to you, I am looking into some online courses but I'm afraid I might not be motivated enough. A very good girl-friend of mine is graduating from a distance learning course this spring. She said there were many times she had to make herself do the work, especially the subjects that bored her. shocked

Sometimes I wonder if this is such a good idea at my age. I asked my Dad the other day "What if I'm making a mistake quiting my job and going to school?" all he said was "What if you make a mistake by NOT doing it?" He's a smart cookie. That's when I tried to talk him into paying for school. I didn't get such a good answer to that one, lol.

#116 - 05/05/2002 11:30 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your Dad was absolutely right. Given the life expectancy these days, you may have many years ahead of you to celebrate your degree.

I am glad to hear others have trouble with distance education classes. Sometimes the interaction with the professor is almost nonexistent except for at exam time.... :)

#117 - 05/05/2002 15:45 PM Re: FEAR
gracie Offline

Loc: san jose, ca.
hi everyone,
i have gone back to school after almost ten years.
yeah its true you have courage going back and in actuality i feel confidence i didn't have when i quit as a junior before. the confidence i was looking for i didn't see in myself then but i still get moments of fear and that running away from school will actually solve it but then i get back into a reality mode. i feel smarter going back as that how much more horrible would it be not to have come back. it feels lonely sometimes to feel as though i went back with nothing much to show for the time i took off, at least some of you have started families! i just have myself and a new car a cat and living with my mom! how worse could anyone feel? its hard but satisfaction in trying and relearning some skills is helpful and knowing that in a few short years there will be something newer about me and challenging that the world will see :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . hang in there.

#118 - 05/24/2002 12:26 PM Re: FEAR
non-trad counselor Offline

Loc: South Dakota
Wendy,
Don't spend a single minute worrying about your age and going back to school. So you're 33 and may take 4 years to earn a degree that will allow you to earn a better living for your family. In four years you'll be 37 with or without the degree. Not only will a degree give you the knowledge you seek to get a better job it will give you more self esteem and self respect than you can ever imagine.
Good luck, you are not alone. We have over 36% of non-trad students on our campus, many over 40!!!!

#119 - 06/04/2002 12:25 PM Re: FEAR
dprrauch Offline

Hi guys,
Everyone's words were like a breath of fresh air to me. I am a stay-at-home mom of 4(ages 12, 6, 3.5, and 4 months),returning to school after ten years. It was something that I had been thinking about for quite a while, and after talking to some friends (both newly enrolled in distance learning courses), I decided to bite the bullet. Upon receipt of my first syllabus, I was totally convinced that I had lost my mind, and was waaay out of my league. But I beleive that strong determination and with God's help, I will survive.

#120 - 06/04/2002 14:23 PM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

dp, I doubt you are way out of your league. It is probably something you just need to get acclimated to - many things seem hard at first, but get easier as time goes by and you know what to expect.

Good luck to you! :)

#121 - 06/06/2002 17:58 PM Re: FEAR
mom Offline

Loc: Montana
Wendy,

Hang in there you will do okay. I separated from my spouse in November and started school in January. I just finished my first semester (15 credits) with a 3.8 GPA. Not bad after a 29 year absence from education plus the fact that I had to work full-time (graveyard) and still find time for my two girls. It is scarey but there are a lot of older students these days and the young people have been really nice to me. I want so much to have earning power. $8/hr. can't support a family. Best wishes to you. Just hang in there. WE CAN DO IT!!! :D :D :D

#122 - 06/09/2002 20:54 PM Re: FEAR
school1024 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Don't worry. You'll find after a few months that you've made the best decision of your life. Some suggestions tho:
Community colleges tend to cater more to non-traditional students, so you might begin at a 2-year school where there are lots of adults returning to pick up new job skills, while raising a family and working full time.
Also, get involved in campus groups. Many schools have support groups for adult/retruning to school learners to address how scary returning to school is.
You'll make it and do well! Good luck.

#123 - 06/11/2002 21:54 PM Re: FEAR
Biggie Offline

Loc: New York
I'm 24, i went to college when i was 17 and failed, i didn't have any money to pay for college and till this day i still have to pay back loans for that year. I'm afraid of going back to college because i know i'll have to start from the bottom again and i'm not sure how i can handle academic pressure rigth now. I was a very good student in high school but i messed up in collge, i probably should not have went to such a good school, the academic pressure was too much for me at that time plus the money issue, i still don't have any money to go back except for the military GI bill. Getting loans are really hard right now, i just got out of the military and am currently unemployed, i don't know what to do.

#124 - 06/13/2002 15:34 PM Re: FEAR
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Hi Biggie:

Make an appointment with your college to receive some counseling and academic support. Don't go it alone. Most importantly, don't be discouraged. Other students have felt overwhelmed at times or needed assistance in achieving their goals. They did it and so can you. :)

#125 - 06/14/2002 05:05 AM Re: FEAR
Jonesy Offline

Loc: Maryland
It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I'm returning at 42 and have a long road ahead of me. But I'm sure I can do this. It's no longer about earning potential or job positions, it's about me and what I truly want. I want to learn and enjoy some new experiences.

Due to my home/work situation, I will have to mainly use online courses. It seems a bit daunting, but I am a persistent and often stubborn person. Hope that will help me!

#126 - 06/16/2002 17:36 PM Re: FEAR
jennee Offline

Loc: ontario canada
i am also SCARED!! of college.
my fears have somewhere to start from. what i mean is i do not have all the credits i need to enter the program i want. I need about 5 credits:( i did graduate gr. 12 but i need things like chem, biology, math...
i am afraid i wont get high enough marks or that i wont be able to even pass the courses...ugh!
i am on disability now and want to be able to go to work ( with a GOOD JOB!)
i want to be a nurse, or pharmacist assistant.
I have contacted the college today and asked about mature student standings ( if i am one..) and i can take a test or something instead.
i sure hope so.
im scared@! and sometimes i go cookoo because of it.
hopefully i can get some great support from you guys!
and i hope i can lend a helping hand sometime too.
jenn

#127 - 06/16/2002 20:56 PM Re: FEAR
Biggie Offline

Well it's almost time (3 weeks) for me to go back to school now, i have to take two summer courses and maintain a B average in order to go back to my old school (Rutgers University). I hope i can pull through, this is a challenge for me and i'm willing to take it and hope that i can get two A's. I will try to get all the help i can get to succeed.

#128 - 06/17/2002 14:54 PM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Biggie, good for you!!! Remember, it's often the things we didn't do that we regret the most. Personally, I supplement my study with additional information on a subject (freely available on the Internet), or using other books or study aids. Check out the college bookstore or library for ideas. Sometimes a little extra help can go a long way to successfully reaching the finish line. :)

#129 - 06/23/2002 18:04 PM Re: FEAR
GrannyTree Offline

Loc: Pa
Congradulations Wendy on making a big change and improvement in YOUR LIFE!Yes it is scary to start back to school especially after a few years. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!It is a proven fact that Adult students are more motivated to make those changes in thier lives, and therefore tend to be better students. We are goal oriented . We've "been there and done that" and know what we have to do to make the improvements in our lives.
I am almost 50 years old and started back to university 1 1/2 years ago. I was a poor high school student (back 30 years ago) but I have even surprised myself with the grades I have been able to achieve. At times I feel like the "Oddball" because of my age especialy when most of my professors are slightly older than my kids. But am made to feel at home in the classroom. When we have group work in a class many times the kids will pick me to be in their group.
So don't let fear stan in your way of improving life your you and your kids. You will do GREAT!! :)

#130 - 06/25/2002 09:30 AM Re: FEAR
anonymous_me Offline

I was the second-oldest in my pharmacy school class, aged 28 when I started. Typical small Midwest school, where the average age in my class was 20. I know when I was 20 how I would have seen a 28 year-old: an old fogie who didn't know squat about 'cool'.

I didn't feel out of place at all. Why? Because I didn't care what other people thought of me and my ego wasn't big enough to think that other people would care two hoots about me more than anyone else anyway. And they didn't. If they did, I wouldn't have heard it anyway because I didn't care.

'Fit in'? What, are we still 19? Why should you care if you 'fit in' or not? Teenagers worry about that, not adults. You hopefully aren't planning on 'running around with the girls' or rushing anyway, right?

Look, not to sound mean or anything, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that what 19 or 20 year-olds think about your matters or that they will even give you a goings-over more than they do anyone else.

Are some of them going to point you out privately amongst themselves that you are older than they are and maybe snicker? Of course. But they're also going to do that to anyone who is different from them and being older just so happens to be what they have so intelligently detected is different about you. That's what a lot of young people do: make fun of others to humor themselves. And that's one thing that differentiates us adults from them: most of us have grown out of that immaturity.

Should you care what your young classmates think of you? Of course not, no more than you would care what any 20 year old thinks of you. In any case, what they happen to think of you can only affect you to the extent you let it. If you ignore it, then it truly don't matter or exist.

I'm sure some of my younger classmates make fun of the fact that I was older than they. But what they didn't know was that being older helped me in school a lot more than being so young helped them. I certainly enjoyed the experience a lot more than most of them.

Let it go and ignore what the other students think. It doesn't matter to you anyway.

#131 - 06/25/2002 18:40 PM Re: FEAR
Biggie Offline

Hi everyone, let me be the first to say that i'm really scared about going back to college, i failed my first year for the most part, and i don't think i'm ready to go back. Emotionally i want to go back, but financially and based on the bad habit that i picked up while i was in school (smoking) i don't think i will stand a chance at school. I recently took an IQ test on the internet and didn't do good on it, so all that bothers me. I'm now wondering if i was really such a good student in high school or was just a good studennt at poor performing school. I don't have much money to back to school, i'm currently living on what little i have in my savings and military compensation.

#132 - 07/01/2002 11:12 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wendy, I'm just want to add my voice to the many messages before this.

I'm 37 now and I started University at 33. I was so scared when I made the decision to do it that I started crying the first time I told someone what I'd done.

Every year I think if I hadn't made that decision, I wouldn't have this many credits towards my degree behind me.

I'm going part-time so I can work as well because I'm trying to do this debt free. I'm also concentrating on getting high grades more than just accumulating credits because I want to go to grad. school.

I figure that even if I don't finish it all up until I'm in my early 40's, I've still got at least a 20 -25 year second career in front of me.

Good luck! It's a wonderful experience. I've never been the only older student in a class, and rarely the oldest. I also find that I often have a better rapport with the profs. than the younger students. Your majority and wisdom is a benefit -- use it!

#133 - 07/10/2002 09:07 AM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to quit my job and go to school full time. I have a 9wk old currently in daycare. We cannot live on my husband's pay alone so my question is as follows:

Can I get a loan to cover my school as well as assist in paying my bills while I'm in school? Or better yet, is this even a smart move?

Please help!!

#134 - 07/10/2002 17:23 PM Re: FEAR
KarenF Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, now that I have read some of these posts I feel right at home! I am 39 and about to enter graduate school this fall after being out of college for 18 years. I've been raising 3 girls (ages 15, 12 & 11) and now that the "baby" is entering middle school this fall I my days of being a volunteer mom are over and I want to do something to further my mind (which I fear is atrophying) and give me new avenues to reenter the work force after graduating (hopefully) in 3 years. I have no background in the course of study I am about to enter (public policy administration) but it sounds like a fascinating field and I hope am able to learn as I go. I look forward to reading more posts here and sharing my fears with you folks!

#135 - 07/22/2002 12:42 PM Re: FEAR
Biggie Offline

Well, i tried going back to college this summer, i had a second chance at it even though i failed my first year nearly 7 years ago. I decided to back away from returning to college, it was way too expensive and there's no guarantee that i can or will succeed at it. I'll just wait until i'm in a much better position to go back to school, right now it's really too much for me to go through, plus i'm still young, only 24 so i've got all the time in the world to go back, some folks went back at 50 and it doesn't seem to bother them so why should it bother me. Maybe by then the school will take me more seriously too.

#136 - 08/18/2002 07:24 AM Re: FEAR
Wheezie Offline

I took 3 online classes this summer and will take three more classes this fall. I, hopefully, will finally earn my degree and I am 57 years old - so you see - it is never too late!!!!

#137 - 08/24/2002 08:33 AM Re: FEAR
Kristeen Offline

To Wendy about Fear - Don't let fear stop you. I just recently started college for the first time and I will be 40 this November. Since I chose the local community college to start,needless to say I am surrounded by newly graduated high school students. Its more important to me, however, that I get the education I'm looking for and if I don't fit in then, oh well. Surprisingly, I'm finding the younger students look to me for guidance in a number of subjects and "fitting in" simply isn't an issue. Focus on your goal for you and your family and your college experience will be much better than you expected. wink

#138 - 09/01/2002 12:59 PM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I started back to college 2 weeks ago. being 40 and out of school for 20 years, i was a little nervous about the age thing. I was over that by the end of the first day.Now if I could only figure out how to manage my time better! With 15 hrs, a partime job and a family, it's a little crazy! Any suggestions?

#139 - 09/02/2002 18:53 PM Re: FEAR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Donna, I'm taking 9 credits this term plus an almost full-time job. I survive by prioritizing and multi-tasking. Getting good grades is the most important thing for me so that comes first (though with a family, I'm sure your priorities will be different.

Multi-tasking - I never waste a minute. I carry index cards with me with study questions & answers all the time and go through them on the bus, waiting in line for coffee, anywhere. I even tape them to my bathroom mirror and read them while I brush my teeth. It's amazing how many little bits of free time you can make use of if you're ready.

Also, planning out specific study time will probably help you. Time when your family knows that you are unavailable and you are left in peace.

#140 - 12/07/2002 19:31 PM Re: FEAR
Jade Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR
WOW!!!! :) From wendy to dprrauch I have felt so much better about looking into school when I'll be turning 27. Thank you all so much for all you shared! I have to second dprrauch's comments with, Let Go and Let God, his perfect love will cast out all fear(even when it sneaks back up on ya at times!) wink Kudos to all who are braving new steps in their life!

Good luck!

#141 - 05/25/2003 09:16 AM Re: FEAR
Salvadta Offline

Loc: college of southern maryland
I AM 46 YEARS OLD AND STILL TRYING TO GET AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING. I CONSIDER MYSELF A LATE BLOOMER. THERE ARE SO MANY STUDENTS IN MY CLASS WHO ARE JUST LIKE ME.

I AM MY WORST ENEMY. I FEAR SOMETIMES BECAUSE I WILL BE ALMOST 60 WHEN I EARN A BACHELOR'S DEGREE.

MY DEFENSE AGAINST MY NEGATIVE THINKING IS THAT "AGE IS ONLY A CHRONOLOGICAL NUMBER MARKING THE NUMBER OF YEARS ON EARTH". THEN I MOVE FORWARD.

MY BEST WISHES TO YOU AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT HOW OLD YOU ARE OR TRYING TO START OVER. "YOU CAN BE WHAT YOU COULD HAVE BEEN".

#142 - 07/21/2003 22:18 PM Re: FEAR
DENISE Offline

Loc: SOMERVILLE, TENNESSEE
HI EVERYONE,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON HERE SO I AM REALLY NEW TO THIS. I AM SO NERVOUS ABOUT RETURNING TO SCHOOL AFTER 10 YEARS. ALL OF MY LIFE I HAVE WANTED TO BE A NURSE BUT I GOT MARRIED HAD 3 KIDS( 3 GIRLS THAT IS, WHICH I LOVE AND ADORE VERY MUCH) AND I PUT IT ON THE BACK BURNER. WELL LATELY I GOT TO THINKING ABOUT IT AND I SAID TO MY SELF "I AM 36 YEARS OLD AND IF I DONT TRY TO DO THIS NOW I MAY NEVER DO IT." WELL I HAVE PRAYED ALOT ABOUT IT AND I FEEL THIS IS THE DIRECTION GOD WANTS ME TO TAKE BUT BOY AM I SCARED. THERE HAVE BEEN LOTS OF PEOPLE TELL ME THAT IT IS SO HARD IN NURSING SCHOOL BUT THE WAY I TRY AND DEAL WITH THAT IS TO THINK THAT IF THIS IS WHERE GOD WANTS ME TO BE THEN HE WILL BE THERE WITH ME THROUGH IT ALL AND HELP ME WITH ANY PROBLEM I MAY FACE. I WILL BE TAKING ME ENTRANCE EXAM ON AUGUST 21 AND IF I PASS IT I WILL BE STARTING SCHOOL OCT.1 THEY SAY THAT THERE WILL BE ALGEBRA AND GEOMETRY ON THE TEST SO I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT THAT SINCE WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL THAT WASN'T REQUIRED. I HAVE BEEN STUDYING A LITTLE BUT IT IS HARD. JUST KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE ESPECIALLY ON AUGUST 21 THAT I PASS THE TEST. IT'S REALLY GREAT TO HAVE A PLACE TO GO TO AND TALK WITH OTHERS ABOUT THE SAME FEELINGS AND PROBLEMS YOUR HAVING AND JUST TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS.

#143 - 07/30/2003 05:59 AM Re: FEAR
Diane Offline

Loc: IN
FEAR can be very real for the returning student,just look at it as a cold pool or lake and jump in. I went back to school at 53 years old, it went like this . 1. Monday I said I should really go back, husband said so I'll drive you over and you can apply. 2. Admissions officer said do you want spring or summer. I replied spring if I can get it (the term had already started). A/O said if you pay the late enrollment fee and take the placement test on Wednsday, you can. 3. Wednsday worked all morning went for testing at 1:30p.m. got results was told to get a waiver to enroll in a class, met instuctor, instructor checked scores and said fine come to class when you get your book. I was enrolled in a Math remediation class at 3:45pm. Less than 48 hours after I decided to go back . It helped to have a great support system. I began to build my own support network on campus, which is essential to the returning student. In the summer term, I took the Math class that was called very bad names, but got a C in it. The remedial math class gave me an A and a great teacher to talk to. The summer class also gave me a great teacher to talk to. In the fall I started my Major and also built a huge network of fellow students, which increased in the spring. I can't wait for the fall term to start. Just Do It.

#144 - 07/30/2003 06:00 AM Re: FEAR
Diane Offline

Loc: IN
FEAR can be very real for the returning student,just look at it as a cold pool or lake and jump in. I went back to school at 53 years old, it went like this . 1. Monday I said I should really go back, husband said so I'll drive you over and you can apply. 2. Admissions officer said do you want spring or summer. I replied spring if I can get it (the term had already started). A/O said if you pay the late enrollment fee and take the placement test on Wednsday, you can. 3. Wednsday worked all morning went for testing at 1:30p.m. got results was told to get a waiver to enroll in a class, met instuctor, instructor checked scores and said fine come to class when you get your book. I was enrolled in a Math remediation class at 3:45pm. Less than 48 hours after I decided to go back . It helped to have a great support system. I began to build my own support network on campus, which is essential to the returning student. In the summer term, I took the Math class that was called very bad names, but got a C in it. The remedial math class gave me an A and a great teacher to talk to. The summer class also gave me a great teacher to talk to. In the fall I started my Major and also built a huge network of fellow students, which increased in the spring. I can't wait for the fall term to start. Just Do It.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.