Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1092 - 06/25/2006 02:49 AM Afraid to try again
MLPlott Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi, My name is Laura and I am 23. I REALLY REALLY want to go (back) to school but am SO scared! Durring the 2002-2203 school year I was a traditional on campus college student. But I failed out. And now I'm just not sure I can do it. You see, untill recently I didn't know it but a medication I was on at that time was causing me a lot of drozziness, I slept about 14 to 16 hours in any given 24 hour period. I didn't know it was the meds or why I was so tierd. I thought it might be because I have a physical disablity and just making it around campus was wearing me out. I managed to make it to my classes, but had very little time for studing. So I failed. I have since cxhanged my meds and am doing better (sleep wise) but I'm still afraid. What if I fail again? Another issue is that I can't drive, and my husband can't drive me to campus all the time, or een at nights, he works nights. So I'm not even sure how to get a degree. I know there are Online programs, but I have been unable to find any in Education. I would like to be a teacher. I don't really know what to do at this point.
Laura

#1093 - 06/30/2006 05:09 AM Re: Afraid to try again
drg3750 Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL
It sounds like you would benefit from applying to an online university. I can't recommend any one in particular, but there are some very decent ones out there. If you're willing to consider that approach, I'd recommend you research this thoroughly before making a commitment to any one in particular.

Another possibility is correspondence courses. Many of the big universities have an extensive number of correspondence courses available, which count as college credit. You could try taking one correspondence course just to see whether you have the motivation and drive to do academic work.

You are too young to give up hope for bettering your lot in life, so make the most of the time you have been given.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.