Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1097 - 09/21/2006 21:34 PM Has anyone returned full time to college?
LaPrell Offline

Loc: Valley, Alabama
I'm wondering if anyone has attended college in much the same fashion as graduating high school seniors. Has anyone lived on campus in a dorm, etc?

I suppose I should count myself lucky because if I'm able to get financial aids and student loans to cover it then I'm in a position to do just this. I've read up on the school I'd love to attend and I don't see anything barring this from happening,I am just curious if anyone knows of it being done before. By the way I'm 27, single and no children.

Thanks for any assistance.

#1098 - 09/25/2006 09:39 AM Re: Has anyone returned full time to college?
MermaidMom Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, MN
When my brother was in college (traditional freshman), he had two guys living in the dorm room next door to him who were 25 and 26.

#1099 - 09/25/2006 16:00 PM Re: Has anyone returned full time to college?
bookworm Offline

Loc: Mississippi
When I was a freshman in college (I was 18), one of my suitemates was 27. I believe the issue is going to be decided by Admissions, and from my experience with colleges (several - as student and employee) as long as they get paid, you should have few problems.

#1100 - 10/03/2006 11:38 AM Re: Has anyone returned full time to college?
morada57 Offline

Hello,

I went back to college full-time at 28 and lived in the halls all five years. I, too, was single with no children at the time. I was involved in a few campus organizations, the adventures were many, and I'm still friends with former class/hall/roommates. It was so much better the second time around and I wouldn't have missed the expereince for anything. I say, go for it.

By the way, the age range on my floor my first year on campus was 16-32. We got along quite well.

#1101 - 10/05/2006 15:58 PM Re: Has anyone returned full time to college?
LaPrell Offline

Loc: Valley, Alabama
Thank you for all the replies, I appreciate it. It's nice to know I probably won't be alone or the oldest person there :)

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.