Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1264 - 05/13/2006 04:23 AM Dental College
Torria Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I would like to ask anyone out there what they think about pursuing a career as a doctor of dental surgery DDS at age 41. Is it pheasable or should I try an attain a degree that is not as time consuming at my age. I am currently enrolled at a community college with my major being pre-professional course of study/pre-dental with 25 more credit hours to go.My thinking is that with good grades and God willing no interruptions I could be done with dental school in approximately 4 to 5 years and have an opportunity to work in the profession for about twenty years before retirement (if so desired at that time). Is this wishful thinking or attainable?

#1265 - 05/13/2006 11:37 AM Re: Dental College
tt82 Offline

Anything is possible!!!

Go to this site for more info:

http://www.bls.gov/oco/pdf/ocos072.pdf

#1266 - 05/14/2006 12:51 PM Re: Dental College
johnj Offline

If you have the means to attend college and keep everything else in order then you have to do it if that's what you want. I am 35 and trying to determine if I can attend college and still provide for my family at the same time. Hopefully I will find a way and so will you !!!Good Luck !!!

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.