Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1294 - 08/21/2006 09:02 AM I need another Bachelors
Firefly28 Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
I'm 27 and have a BS in Business Administration. After having worked in the business world for over 5 years, I know that this career path will not make me happy. I would like to go back and earn a second bachelors degree and the a masters and possible PhD. The problem is that I'm not sure exactly where I want to focus my studies. I'm one of those people who are interested in everything.

Every university I've looked at says something about prohibiting second bachelor's degrees on their websites, so I'm just not sure where to turn next. I understand that I may receive some grants because of my academic scores and such, but I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably need many loans.

Where can I find universities that allow me to pursue a second degree?

#1295 - 08/24/2006 08:32 AM Re: I need another Bachelors
socalmike Offline

Loc: Covina, CA
I have heard about people with this same problem. I guess the schools want to save room for new students, but you would also think they would like the money. I guess the best thing would be calling the schools that you are interested in and speaking to a person on the phone about your situation. I know people that have two Bachelor's so I guess its possible. Are you planning on a state or private university?

#1296 - 08/25/2006 11:02 AM Re: I need another Bachelors
Firefly28 Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
I think I may have found a public university that does allow second bachelors. Though at this point, I think I'll spend a semester taking a variety of courses to help me make the final decision about which grad program to pursue.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.