Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1360 - 03/29/2006 16:58 PM withdrawing from a class
sierra8 Offline

Loc: OH
mainly I just need some other perspectives and advice. I am very near graduation and am taking this one class that requires 3 critical analysis papers and a final. on the first paper I got a D. I wrote a second paper and the professor rejected my topic and is not being very helpful with suggestions or advice, even though he offered feedback and advice on papers before they are due. there is only about a month left of school, but I don't want to end up with a D and bring my gpa down. should I drop this class? I won't graduate but will only have to get 3 credits somewhere else to do so when I am ready. I am not going to graduate school and am an older student, so it doesn't really matter if I graduate or not. I was mainly just doing it for myself.

I'd just like to hear some thoughts on this. I am leaning toward dropping the class but want to think about carefully before I do anything.

thanks to anyone who wants to comment.

#1361 - 03/31/2006 04:40 AM Re: withdrawing from a class
Sam Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Is there no hope of pulling off a decent grade at this point? You still have two more papers and a final in which to improve your grade. I would think that should be enough to pull off at least a "B."

I guess if it were me, and the situation was really grim, I would drop the class. Since time is not an issue for you, one more class shouldn't be too much of a burden, and it beats having a low grade on your transcripts.

#1362 - 03/31/2006 12:38 PM Re: withdrawing from a class
sierra8 Offline

Loc: OH
I suppose there's a chance that I could end up with a B. I did get a response back from the professor with help on a topic and hopefully I can write a good enough paper this time and next to pull my grade up. I'm trying to hang in there but this last one has been the most stressful semester. I have too many classes for one thing and I am ready to be done with this school thing.

I appreciate your reply. It's definitely what I should do. Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.