Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1452 - 01/28/2009 01:21 AM I finally decided!!!!
Kace Offline

Loc: Alaska
Ok, so after months of trying to decide...and with some helpful feedback from here...I filed my paperwork...and was accepted in the Chemistry program!! grin

I'm still feeling "old" (31) to be starting this program, but my heart and head keep wanting to learn all the chem, math, and physics that I can squish in my noggin'...it's what I enjoy and I want to have a happy and fulfilling life - despite the age I'm starting at. I'll just have to keep telling myself that! (Easier said than done).

As for after the B.S. is done...THAT I haven't decided. And won't even try for a couple years...grad school, doctoral programs and medical school all sound interesting... I'll just 'dream' on that for now. wink

Thanks for the help! grin

#1569 - 06/18/2009 13:16 PM Re: I finally decided!!!! [Re: Kace]
larry Offline

Your young you will do just fine sounds like you found your passion. Right now I'm a bussiness major, I'm not sure what i want to do with that.

#1641 - 09/05/2009 04:16 AM Re: I finally decided!!!! [Re: Kace]
aunt jane Offline

This is great stuff good for you!!! hope that I can someday make a choice that is right for me.

Have a wonderful Journey

U can do this!

#1648 - 09/13/2009 06:17 AM Re: I finally decided!!!! [Re: aunt jane]
horse Offline

hey kace, yours is the first post i saw so i'm saying hello here first. the important thing for you is that your heart is still in it, and hopefully the younger students that read this are inspired by your will. great job.

#2166 - 07/24/2011 15:39 PM Re: I finally decided!!!! [Re: Kace]
Shoshana Offline

You are only 31! There are tons of people in that age range going back to school every day! Good luck to you and donít let your age discourage you from doing what you want to do and keep you from being your best. Age is just a number! wink

Moderator:  Admin 

© Copyright © 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.