Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1469 - 02/15/2009 08:15 AM 36 yr old thinking of pharmacy school
dtsc53 Offline

Hi all-
I am 36 years old, father of 2, hold a BS degree in Mgmt and Mkting., have a job in mgmt. in manufacturing, and just do not feel safe about my future and career at this point. My plant recently went down to a 4 day work week and I am seriously considering either pharmacy school or a specialized mba, which would be quicker. I just feel too old to return...has anyone returned to pharmacy school in their mid-30's (or older) that could provide any feedback or advice to me? I feel now is the time to make a move on this if I am going to. I am especially intrigued by the job outlook and security in the medical field. I would just like to hear from anyone that has done this, thinking of doing it, etc?
Thanks so much...

#1485 - 03/17/2009 00:33 AM Re: 36 yr old thinking of pharmacy school [Re: dtsc53]
Shleets Offline

Are you kidding me? You're going for a post-graduate degree my friend at 36, I am going for my BSc. at 34 and one thing we have at our age and being fathers is we don't care what others think. Why would we? Our family is the only approval and opinion we should really be concerned about. I will probably be the oldest student in the Dentistry program by the time I get accepted which will be in 2012 (37 yrs old) and you know I never really thought about that and now that I do I don't really care. In fact I am probably expecting some students to come to me for advice because of the self-confidence that I display from my life experiences. I say be sure of what you want and once you are sure, go after it like it's the end of the world.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.