Hi, everybody! I'm so glad there's so much support here for people who wish to go back to school.

I want to take classes 9-10 classes (mostly upper level) in order to provide me with a good mathematic education and improve my chances of getting into a good Economics graduate program. I noticed that with that amount of classes, it's basically the core requirement for a major or at lease a minor in many universities. I am set on taking these courses and getting into the graduate programs that I want.

But I don't know if I should do another degree considering that it's harder to get in as a 2nd BA student, have your credits transfer, and get financial funding. Also, I do not want to spend my resources (mostly time and job opportunity lossed and of course money) on classes that I am not interested in to meet the degree requirements. Yet I'm not sure if I want to enroll as a nondegree student. Will graduate schools or future employers (possibly in unrelated fields in order to rake some money to get by) dislike this?

"What have you been doing for the past year of your life when you weren't employed, M?"

"Well, I've been taking random classes full time" instead of "I've completed a degree" which appears to give more credentials to my education.

Any advice would be great.

Edited by fireflymechanic (03/27/2009 03:25 AM)