Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1502 - 04/08/2009 11:23 AM College was stolen from me...I want it back
BradHarte Offline

One day a little over a year ago, I returned from class to see all of my possessions and money gone. My roommate who had owed me all of her half of the bills for three months disappeared and everything gone (with me left holding my ****). Now I stand after living off credit cards to survive and paying student loans and rent with the money of a store clerk. I've alleviated most of my debt, have been on time with loan repayment, and am BEGINNING to save up money to return. However, because I had to drop out in the middle of the semester, I owe my school $5k before I can return or apply anywhere else. Once I get that sum to them, Im confident I can return and soar...the problem is Im looking at about 7 years of saving before I can make that much to return?!?! How can I get my life back on track? I have bad credit from the harder times and no one to help me. What am I supposed to do? If anyone has a clue please fill me in. Thanks!

#1566 - 06/18/2009 09:50 AM Re: College was stolen from me...I want it back [Re: BradHarte]
larry Offline

Hi my name is larry I too owe my school money> I completely know how you feel, you could just get two jobs and work your butt off then you could save that money over a short time. you could use the money from the second job just for the school bill. it is possible to save tha money in six to 7months that way. If school is your passion then follow it. it might sound challengeing but so is school. Think it will b like go n to school and workn you can do it just focus that what im doing and i,m sure we are not alone.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.