Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1444 - 01/17/2009 01:09 AM Does the Current Economy Encourage Returning to School?
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Growth and economic prosperity rests on the individual and not government. Do you feel the current economy will encourage more adults to pursue that degree or dream they have been putting off?

#1456 - 01/28/2009 17:48 PM Re: Does the Current Economy Encourage Returning to School? [Re: Admin]
DJAP101 Offline

definitely not for me...i recently lost my job but was unable to get financial aid so i have to make payment and they are really high almost $400/month

#1501 - 04/03/2009 17:36 PM Re: Does the Current Economy Encourage Returning to School? [Re: Admin]
hereinvegas Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
It absolutely does!
I am vowing to never go through this again. I am finishing my bachelors and masters over the next 2 years, and I am hopefully positioning myself to excel in any economic climate. I am paying as I go, accumulating no more debts, and being smart with my money. Education is the only real safety that you have to fall back on... (If 2 equally impressive people are going for the same job, the one with more education will win 9 out of 10 times!)

#1545 - 06/02/2009 03:03 AM Re: Does the Current Economy Encourage Returning to School? [Re: Admin]
msgoldrush Offline

I guess we are all victim of this so called "Economic Crisis", and as you said,
Quote:
Growth and economic prosperity rests on the individual
... What we become lies on ourselves, life is not a matter of choices but a matter of what we choose... This crisis should trigger us to finish our studies... We should always be motivated in such way we can see our real goal and we should take action also in order to get though it...

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.