Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#785 - 10/20/2005 15:52 PM Clep exam
debrashoo Offline

Loc: Detroit
Hello everyone. I am new to this board and just curious if anyone has taken the clep exams and what you think about the difficulty of them. I will be taken my first one tommorrow and curious as to what to expect/ confused

#786 - 10/21/2005 05:45 AM Re: Clep exam
bronxite Offline

Loc: NYC
Hi Debrashoo..I learnt about the CLEP exam in the first semester of returning to college. I go to Fordham University in NYC and I passed the MicroEco..It saved me $1700 in tuition and hopefully I will pass the other exam I'm studying for. FYI I was surprised that it was not as easy as I thought.You need to study and study well. Just don't take any topics for granted, because sometime the whole exam might be based on that part which you haven't paid much attention. Good luck.

#787 - 11/27/2005 16:11 PM Re: Clep exam
bobby19 Offline

Loc: atlanta
What material do you use to study for CLEP? There are so many, I need a good one.

#788 - 01/04/2006 14:18 PM Re: Clep exam
Arv Offline

Loc: North Eastern, Utah
Regarding clep, I can personally testify for the huge economic savings. I have successfully completed 3 clep courses. I can tell you that it is critical that you obtain the outline from clep that tells what you will be tested on. This outline states that 20% will be on a certain subject that 3% will be on another subject and so on. Therefore, once you obtain that outline, let that be your guide for study.

I once had an experience challengeing a drug and substance abuse class where I got the wrong book although it was on the same subject. I failed the test the first time around. The second time, I got the right book and made it past Ok. So having the right materials or text if you're challenging is critical.

I'll let you on a little secret in connection with all multiple choice tests that are timed. -Now it's no secret- Make sure you use a very thick leaded pencil for the marking of the tests. It will take you less time to complete the answer and will save you time.

I recommend Clep to all who are self motivated.

Good luck.

#789 - 01/09/2006 15:37 PM Re: Clep exam
loba Offline

Loc: illinois state university
what is clep?

#790 - 01/09/2006 15:51 PM Re: Clep exam
MidlifePhDStudent Offline

Loc: Southern California
loba, the College Level Examination Program enables you to study on your own for many of the basic 1st and 2nd year courses. When you are ready you take the exam. If you pass it you are given credit for that course.

#1662 - 10/01/2009 14:42 PM Re: Clep exam [Re: debrashoo]
BiggahFish Offline

Could someone direct me as to which CLEP study material is best? I'm new to the college scene, but looking to get my degree in as little time as possible.

Edited by BiggahFish (10/01/2009 14:43 PM)

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.