In 2008, I got my BA in History. In my senior year, however, I decided that I did not want to do teaching, which is just about the only thing one can do with a history degree. So, since then, I've been pursuing a career in law enforcement with not much luck as, due to the economy, everyone and his brother and his friend is going for LE, fire, and EMS. I'm facing mostly out-of-work officers, people with 4.0 GPAs and criminal justice and business degrees, combat veterans, and people who have connections. Also, I had a bout with anxiety in college and took medication for it (I'm over it now), so many departments, and the military, won't touch me.

So, here I am, working a minimum wage job and I can't even go to grad school because I had a 2.91 GPA and 99.99% of grad schools won't even LOOK at your application if you don't have a 3.0 at the very LEAST. I can't get an education job because my sub-3.0 GPA is a black mark and I can't even get a teaching certificate. Basically, I'm less marketable than a registered sex offender.

So, what are my options? Should I go back and get another bachelor's degree? Should I take another class to boost my GPA over that 3.0 hump? Should I try a for-profit school like University of Phoenix or DeVry? I'm lost. http://www.back2college.com/forum/images/icons/default/banghead.gif