Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#1277 - 07/04/2006 00:21 AM online degrees
jwpx2 Offline

Does anyone here have any experience or is currently seeking a degree from online education?

I have been taking online classes at the community college level and love it! They work out great for me since I have a family and job. I think they also make me use my brain more. I tend to feel like I'm going to fall asleep in the traditional classroom setting!

I've been researching info. and found what looks like a really good program at Fort Hays State University in Kansas. The costs are also substantially lower than others that I've looked into.

Just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with any other schools.
Thanks
Beth
Southern Ca.

#1278 - 07/08/2006 06:34 AM Re: online degrees
Studentahoic Offline

State schools that offer online programs seem to be cheaper than most.

#1748 - 01/05/2010 16:39 PM Re: online degrees [Re: jwpx2]
hanna Offline

Hi i am new at this forum i am 46 and have a bachelors in fine arts , but i have not been working , for a long time i am a stay at home mom at the moment and i would like to go for a masters in art therapy , my husband does not support me on that he rather i go get a whatever job where i bring in some income , i am thinking income for the future and a career i am happy and proud of. I also would like to know if anyone here can point me in the right direction on how to start looking for the right accredited schools. Also there is a community college in my town they do not offer art therapy but they do psychology. Any advise will help. Thanks

#2172 - 08/05/2011 01:33 AM Re: online degrees [Re: hanna]
Maxine Offline

Loc: Florida
Hanna, Please let me know if you've gotten anywhere with your search for the best Art Therapy program/school? Did you have to take any prerequisite courses?..get any certification?
Thank you,
Maxine

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.