Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#2410 - 01/12/2012 11:28 AM What IT degree should I get?
Chris.Kleinke Offline

Loc: Purvis, Mississippi
I have decided to go back to school and get my bachelor's degree. I currenly have an AAS in Drafting/Design coupled with 13+ yrs experience in various engineering fields. I'm trying to decide between Project Mgt and an MIS degree. My goal is to get a degree that helps prepare me for mgt jobs in the engineering field,as well as open some doors for some possible IT jobs. All jobs in the drafting/engineering arena are construction dependent, and I am hoping to leverage myself to where I won't have to work at afast food place because the economy is so bad. Any advice will be helpful. THANKS cool

#2423 - 01/31/2012 17:00 PM Re: What IT degree should I get? [Re: Chris.Kleinke]
RebeccaAGray85 Offline

Both degrees will be great for what you are trying to get into. A degree in project management will open up the door for possible consulting jobs. MIS will also be helpful to get into the field but, project management will be more beneficial if you want to get into consulting. Just something to think about! Good luck!

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.