Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#241 - 02/09/2003 19:30 PM Returning after 30 years
1239Vermont Offline

Age 51 and finally decided to pursue bachelor's degree. Have been extremely successful over the past 8 years in Marketing & Public Relations. However, would like to find an online bachelor's degree program offering the maximum "credit for life experiences. Hardworker, quick study would like to complete in 18mos. Note: Attended college 30 years ago - probably accumlated 15- 20 credits in zoology & pre-med :rolleyes: .

#242 - 04/26/2003 14:52 PM Re: Returning after 30 years
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I get started? I'm 46...

#243 - 04/26/2003 17:45 PM Re: Returning after 30 years
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Hello,

Please see the Admissions section and the Frequently Asked Questions...

http://www.back2college.com/library/admit.htm

#244 - 05/31/2003 10:46 AM Re: Returning after 30 years
orahh Offline

Loc: Lakeland, FL
I've been wanting to earn a BS for many years now. My oldest son is 26, my youngest is 6 and I have a 12 year old too. My last job ended 4/30 and NOW is the time for me to take action.
I found the Thomas Edison State College has great opportunities for earning degrees through distance education. "Distance" "learning" "education" will give you some good hits while you're searching.
I wasn't ready to commit to TESC [TESC.edu] and have seen a big increase in my motivation to go back to school. Recently, a local college advertised in the paper about the Accelerated Program. They only have 3 majors [for accelerated program], but one of them is what I'd pursue if I'd gone to Thomas Edison. I have an appointment with the school Tuesday morning and an appointment with a local government subsidy program in the afternoon.
The distance education seemed viable for me, but I'm sure this accelerated program will even be better. wink
I'm old enough to remember correspondence school and night school. They don't come up on the search engines though. :D
Best Wishes to all.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.