Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#379 - 10/07/2004 13:25 PM New here
brnfmlymom Offline

Loc: OR
Hello everyone. I am a stay at home mom of 3 (plus one stepson), I work PT nights and weekends in retail to help make ends meet, and I will start school FT (13 credit hours) in January to finish my Bachelor's in Art History. I have been out of school 11 years.

I am VERY afraid that I will not have the time to study or write papers or read assignments. Anyone else in a similar situation? Do you just not sleep? EEEK! I have always doen very well academically in school, but that was before I had so many kids!! (Ages 2-12!) If all goes well, I should only have 4 semesters before I graduate.

Brnfmlymom

#380 - 10/07/2004 20:58 PM Re: New here
JamesC Offline

Don't worry you will find the time. I suggest you do your study in small bits rather than trying to study hours at a time. Find a good place to keep your material and when you have 15-20 minutes sit down and study. If something important comes up, stop the study and come back when you get more time, it works for me. Just don't press, you'll find a rhythm that works for you. You are in this for the long haul not just for one day. Just do what you have to do each day and before you know it, it will be finished. Good Luck!!

#381 - 10/14/2004 05:29 AM Re: New here
MermaidMom Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, MN
I think James' idea is a good one. I still don't have a study area and it takes time to get stuff out and put it back. Having it out and ready would help a lot.

Also, my kids are hockey players and I studied/read during their clinics. It worked really well because there was no housework demanding my attention and there was a definite starting and ending time. I'm planning to do lots more studying while they're at practices. Also I'm planning to study during the hour they are at Sunday School (we go to church together an hour before or after Sunday School).

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.