Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#385 - 08/12/2003 13:22 PM i really need help!!!
altejeda Offline

Loc: arlington, VA
i just graduated this year 2003. i never took the sat's and i had a 2.9 gpa. i didn't apply to any colleges because i just moved to this country 3 years ago and i didn't have any info of how to do that, my counselors never talked to me.
Now, im gonna start in a community college (NOVA) which is one of the best community colleges of this country located in the state of virginia VA. Someone told me that if i take classes there for two years, and i keep getting good grades, i can get the chance to go to a good college such as UVA, ODU, etc.
i'd like to know if that is really truth, and what are my chances to get accepted in a good college.
thank you
allantejeda@tennis.com

#386 - 08/20/2003 23:26 PM Re: i really need help!!!
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Generally if you have a good academic record and GPA (grade point average), you can transfer to an excellent college. Talk to your academic advisor or visit your college transfer center for information. Many community colleges have articulation agreements with four year colleges to make the transfer process easier for students.

Good luck! :)

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.