Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#417 - 11/01/2001 11:02 AM Why did you go back to school?
honeypot Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi! I'm researching adult-learners for an article I am writing for a magazine. Could anyone give me insight on why an adult should go back to school? What are the biggest motivations right now?
I appreciate all you help and wish you all the best of luck with you college endeavors.
Thanks!

#418 - 11/01/2001 12:53 PM Re: Why did you go back to school?
Admin Offline

Loc: California
About.com did a series on why Baby Boomers return to college. This and other information pertaining to adults returning to school can be found in our Special Reports section http://www.back2college.com/library/reports.htm and our Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.back2college.com/library/faq.htm

I am sure reasons differ just as the adult students themselves differ. Other feedback welcome!!! :)

#419 - 12/14/2001 19:42 PM Re: Why did you go back to school?
Anonymous
Unregistered

To learn!

I have a couple years of college and military training; however, I have found that employers want someone who is willing to learn.

My personal experience with employers is having a college degree proves to them that you have the ability and desire to learn.

Hope the article goes well.

#420 - 12/26/2001 12:44 PM Re: Why did you go back to school?
amo1974 Offline

Loc: Dover, nh
I returned to school 3 years ago after my divorce. I had put off my education to start get married and start a family. Though I am very intelligent and capable without a degree my options were incredibly limited. Going back to school has been one of the best things I could have done. I have grown more in the past three years from my experiences in campus than in my previous 27.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.