Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#532 - 04/04/2005 15:26 PM Hi everyone. Let me introduce myself. It is great to be here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone,
I am new here. Iím excited to find this web site and hope to be a regular contributor. I am a professional sculptor and writer; I have included links to my web sites at the bottom, should you want to take a look. I have also started a blog about my going back to school(see links below.)

Iím a mother of two. My daughter is 20 attending Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, and my son is 16.

I have been taking classes off and on at the local community college and have just made the decision to go back full time. I am transferring to Vermont College Union Institute and University. I was accepted into their program a couple of weeks ago and I am ecstatic. My week residency begins on the 14th of this month. It will feel strange going from Houston, Texas weather to Vermont weather.

The college is going to give me 30 credits from my <a href="http://www.back2college.com/accelerate.htm">life experience</a> and take all of my HCC transfer credits so I will walk out of there in 18 months with my bachelors! The program is also one that will take what I am doing and use it as my curriculum, or in other words the student designs the study around what they want to do our are doing, instead of doing a bunch of mundane classes that really donít pertain to your field of study. The school offers degrees all the way to PHD so the sky is the limit. And I no longer have to pick between sculpting and writing - they will let me do both, as well as sprinkling psychology in the mix. So it is a perfect match for a highly motivated and established professional. It feels so good to have found them and know they are going to honor all of my hard work up to this point.

I am going to try and keep this online journal in my blog that I hope will describe the process of doing this more progressive learning.

Good luck and blessings in your educational endeavors and life.

Bridgette Mongeon

#533 - 04/05/2005 06:14 AM Re: Hi everyone. Let me introduce myself. It is great to be here.
WildEEP Offline

Welcome!

Congrats on your acceptance in Vermont!
I just took a gander at your sculptures site...wow lol, I'm envious. I'm an engineer by trade so my brain works more in terms of measurements, numbers, and problem solving terms, but it doesnt stop me from appreciating artwork when I see it. You do amazing work =)

Congrats again, and welcome to the forums. Here's to hoping we all graduate. Cheers!

#534 - 04/06/2005 07:25 AM Re: Hi everyone. Let me introduce myself. It is great to be here.
MermaidMom Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, MN
Hello and welcome!!

I just added your blog to my list of daily reads. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Moderator:  Admin 

© Copyright © 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.