Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#535 - 10/07/2005 12:05 PM Anxiety after the exam is over
mrodz Offline

Loc: East TN
I just had a BioChemistry test today and I feel more down and anxious after test than I did before the exam this morning. I have studied really hard for this exam. I always seem to feel this way after a really intense exam. Does anybody else feel this way? I'm hard on myself and really want to do well on the exams and always feel disappointed in myself when the exam is over. I always end up doing well in all my classes and I know this comes and goes, but it isn't getting any easier to deal with.

I'm a 48 year old woman finishing up my pre-reqs for pharmacy school and hopefully will get in to a school of my choice for Fall 2006. My husband is an interior designer for a local architect firm and graduated 3 years ago . I started to school full-time when he started his first job out of school.

Marie

#536 - 10/16/2005 02:57 AM Re: Anxiety after the exam is over
tt82 Offline

I am 40 and the same thing happens to me. This is my first semester back in school. I DREAD getting my grades back. The first few weeks I would consistently get at least one answer wrong because I changed the response. Hopefully with time we will both get over this nervous energy. Right now it is driving me crazy. In one of my classes, the teacher posts the test and the answers on line right after the class. That eases some of the anxiety, because you already know what you will get or what you did incorrectly.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.