Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#583 - 08/24/2005 06:04 AM I never gave this much thought until now
Shawn Offline

Loc: PA
Im 28 years old and im finishing up my associates degree now. Im planning on transfering to a 4 years school. The school that I was most looking forward to attending has an excellent pre-law program, and it is local. Here's the problem, im pretty certain that I will be excepted there, however, it is a Jesuit school, and I have never been religious whatsoever. What should I expect here? Im not at all against religion, however I dont want to be bombarded with it either. Unfortunately most schools in my area are Catholic schools, so no matter where I turn this could be an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

#584 - 08/24/2005 14:01 PM Re: I never gave this much thought until now
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Unless you are taking theology or other religion related courses, I don't think you need worry about this. As the college is open to both Catholic and non-Catholic students, your religion probably won't be an issue nor in any way effect the program curriculum, as you state is excellent.

Visit the campus and speak to some of the administrators or instructors as well as current or past students to get an idea of campus life to help you with your decision.

#585 - 08/27/2005 02:30 AM Re: I never gave this much thought until now
bronxite Offline

Loc: NYC
I have the same problem. I am not a Christian but I have to take several CORE classes in Western Religious Enlight....,Faith, Sacred Christ..Texts.., which I really do not care about. This Jesuit College is right in my area and I pay $600 per credit.These classes are a must if I want to graduate.

#586 - 09/09/2005 07:41 AM Re: I never gave this much thought until now
Greeney Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Shawn,
Yes, just tell the truth, but tell them that you are interested in learning all there is about the catholic religion. Do not make promises, just good intention, good faith statements - If they are smart, they'll accept you and hope that it will become a way of life for you. Good luck.

Greenie

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.