Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#640 - 08/03/2005 14:59 PM 1 class away from my Bachelors
tstephens Offline

Hi,
I am a 29 years old and am ready to go back to school. My dilemma is that I have not attended school since 2001, am 1 science course away from my B.A. My major was Fashion Design and Merchandising and I have worked in my field for several years and am now ready to change careers. I have made several unsuccessful attempts to pass this physical science course and have now failed it 3 times. I have absolutely no interest in this course and it is not at all related to my field. I want to go back to school for my masters but, I cannot do it without passing this class. I want to know if I can just attempt to just start over with a new undergraduate degree or if I am going to have to keep failing this same physical science course until I eventually pass it.

#641 - 08/04/2005 05:18 AM Re: 1 class away from my Bachelors
WildEEP Offline

Yeah its never to late to change your degree. The good news is that since you've had this change of heart BEFORE you got the Bachelors, that you actually are going to qualify for MORE financial aid that way. Go figure =P

You'll probably find that all the general ed courses will mostly transfer over directly. English, Math, History, and you'll definately have enough elective courses covered. At that point its just a matter of contacting your student advisement folks and tell them you wish to change your major over to something else.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.