I'mm 44 and I just relocated to Fairfield, CA from Huntsville, AL, where I was performing computer work at NASA for the last 7 years. I made a very good living with software for the last 20 years, but the tech market is very flat, and finding a job has been difficult. I plan on going to law school this fall, and towards that end I have been studying some LSAT prep books. I have also been searching for some scholarships out here on the net. I look forward to spending the next years dealing with people instead of machines! I have so many questions that I don't even know where to begin but as I do my research I'm certain that the path will become clear.

I understand what Clarissa was saying about feeling out of place. I left all my friends on the other end of the country, and I'm single, so I have been looking for social outlets with people my age, but I haven't found too many yet.

I'm glad I came across this site, I don't feel as isolated when I read about other people facing the same types of difficulties & opportunities that I am, and I hope that I can be of help to someone here, as I have no doubt you will all help me.