Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#721 - 11/19/2004 19:38 PM Difference between BA and BS??
BBel Offline

Loc: St. Louis
I am looking to go to college while working full time. I will be pursuing a bachelor's degree in business administration. However, I haven't been able to find or have explained clearly to me what the differences are between a bachelor of arts degree and a bachelor of science degree. Also, is one or the other generally favored by the business world? If I were to later go after my MBA, would it matter either way if I had a BA or BS in business administration?

#722 - 11/20/2004 16:00 PM Re: Difference between BA and BS??
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Hi BBel,

This question was already addressed in the forums:

http://www.back2college.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/9.html

#723 - 11/21/2004 20:08 PM Re: Difference between BA and BS??
tcnixon Offline

Loc: California, USA
For an MBA, one component for admissions will certainly be the nomenclature for the undergraduate degree, but that will be a small component. They will look at:

1. Undergraduate GPA
2. Undergraduate coursework
3. Whether program has AACSB accreditation
4. Work history

and so on.

I would just do my best as an undergraduate and in my employment and things should work out, whether it is a BA or a BS.

Tom Nixon
Author, Bears\' Guide to Earning High School Diplomas Nontraditionally Co-author, Bears\' Guide to the Best Education Degrees by Distance Learning

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.