Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#730 - 08/09/2005 05:30 AM NEED ENCOURAGEMENT
legalpumpkin Offline

Loc: Canada
I am returning to law school in September at the age of 35. I orginally started law school exactly 10 years ago, but got sidetracked by a pregnancy that was unwanted by my fiancé. I quit school at the time to have my baby girl (what a wonderful addition to my life !) I have worked as a paralegal for the last ten years, but getting my law degree has been nagging me the whole time....I am married now and my daughter is 9.... am I being silly? I will have to travel a lot..at least for a year until I can get transferred to a law school in my city....the travelling is "doable" though. Not many people in my life know purely because I don't want that pressure....and seeing as I dropped out 10 years ago...well.... any opinions ??? THANKS !

#731 - 08/12/2005 10:41 AM Re: NEED ENCOURAGEMENT
WildEEP Offline

You are a mother of a 9 year old little girl.

Come now, honestly, is there anything that life is going to throw at you thats going to be harder than that?

LOL. Seriously, you can do this. Nothing you are going to encounter in that classroom is ever going to top the lessons learned at your house over the past 10 years.

You not only owe this to yourself, but you owe it to that little girl too. She deserves to know that anyone can persevere and achieve, no matter the situation.

Don't worry about what others think. What they want is not what you want, and what they think, while maybe not unimportant..should not deter you from your course.

You can do it! There are gonna be openings on the Supreme court, and I think we could use a good mom up there. =)

#732 - 08/12/2005 19:17 PM Re: NEED ENCOURAGEMENT
legalpumpkin Offline

Loc: Canada
WildEEP, thank you for your post ! I actually drove out to the university today as a practice run with my best friend and daughter in tow. It was great ! The drive isn't as long as I thought it would be...although it is quite long. While I was there, I picked up one of those stickers that the kids usually get with the name of their university on it for my car ! My best friend was in stitches ! I am really excited about this fall. Again, your post was most poignant and appreciated !

Moderator:  Admin 

© Copyright © 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.