Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#768 - 09/18/2005 09:05 AM What time frame
Aluor Offline

Loc: Houston
I have a Pharm Tech degree and was thinking on going back to school to get my pharmD degree. I am 34 and was wondering on average how long it takes to get degree. Thanks for everyones help

#769 - 09/21/2005 10:45 AM Re: What time frame
Admin Offline

Loc: California
Check the Career Planning section:
http://www.back2college.com/library/couns.htm

One of the resources, the Occupational Outlook Handbook, details education and training requirements for popular careers.

#770 - 09/21/2005 14:41 PM Re: What time frame
EDDY S. Offline

Loc: U.S.
O.K.---I'M 30 & I'M THINKING OF GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER A 12 YEARS WORKING...I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO STUDY-THAT IS-I KNOW HOW WANT TO SPEND MY TIME MAKING MONEY.EVEN IF IT'S LESS THAN WHAT I'M MAKING NOW(I'M GUESSING ALOT LESS-NO INS.-NO PAID VAC.)THE ONLY REAL THING THAT'S STOPPING ME IS THE MYSTERY OF BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT.I REALIZE I CAN'T GO TO A 4 YEAR PLACE RIGHT NOW-BUT THERE IS A LOCAL 2 YEAR COLLEGE IN MY AREA & THEY OFFER AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN WHAT I'M WANTING TO DO.SO THE QUESTIONS ARE THESE---WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING FINACIAL AID?(I HAVE NO KIDS,HAVE A LITTLE DEBT,LIVE ALONE,MAKE ABOUT 31K A YEAR)---IF I WAS TO GO FULL TIME AT THIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE,WHAT KIND OF TIME SHOULD I EXPECT HAVE TO HOLD A JOB? ANY HELP?

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.