Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#775 - 09/21/2005 10:05 AM I need help...
Ambience Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm 26 next month and have been too afraid to go to school for fear of failure and what not.

Anyway, I went to high school the full 12 years in WA state and even have enough credits to qualify for my high school diploma in AZ, but I moved before I ever graduated in WA (I needed one more credit but parents divorce etc moved me before I could graduate). I never finished here. Instead, I went straight to work.

Im sitting with no ged or diploma. nice right? frown After all the years I put in. Yeah stupid. Trust me, I'm living it. Anyway... I am going to get a degree online which may cost me next to 1000.00 but I wont settle for a GED.

After that, I want to do my undergrad. First of all, does anyone have any experience with colleges accepting online high school diplomas? Secondly, do they offer ONLINE undergrad programs that are good? I just dont have time with my job and life to attend school.

I know its not going "back to college" but well, Im old enough to qualify I guess..

Also... I am in a financial hole right now. Can I finance the loans and pay off after college? Any good financial aid I should be looking for?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!!!

#776 - 09/21/2005 14:02 PM Re: I need help...
Ambience Offline

Loc: Arizona
oh and I have so much debt.

at 40k, I have 35k in revolving credt card debt, not to mention monthly expenses such as rent, car insurance etc.

I cant exactly AFFORD to take on additional debt right now sigh

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.