Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#782 - 09/27/2005 12:23 PM Getting Back in the Workforce at 40
mamacares Offline

After 10 years of being a full time mom, I finally thought that I want to go back to school and work.I can feel butterfly in my stomach at the thought of it but am quite excited. How do you guys on my shoes handle the situation? When I hit the 40 mark, it made me feel old, really.Call it sentimental blues but it just hit me. I plan to upgrade my pharmacy career.

Thanks a lot and glad I saw this site.

Mamacares

#783 - 10/03/2005 16:41 PM Re: Getting Back in the Workforce at 40
stsnelson Offline

Loc: Bronx, NY
The thing to remember is although you may feel old you are still young. Plus, you are able to deal with people in the workplace if you can raise children for ten years and not complain! :)

What most stay-at-home moms forget is the skills that are truly needed by most companies are not always technical skills. It's the intangibles that so many people lack these days that companies really need.

You definitely have something to offer! Just make sure you let it be known exactly what it is and how it can help the company!

Wish you much success!

Shawn

#784 - 10/07/2005 21:35 PM Re: Getting Back in the Workforce at 40
mamacares Offline

Thanks so much, Shawn! Much appreciated!And yeah, I agree that dealing with 3 kids for a decade gave me a much better view of people-handling.

mamacares

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.