Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#802 - 10/13/2005 20:50 PM Scared that I can't finish my math degree
tm Offline

Loc: Del City
I currently have 3.16 GPA but this current semester is not going so well. I had an unexpected circumstances come up that kept me from my studies. I'm worried because I have not done well on some of my upper division math tests. Here are my current test grades: Theory of Interest 'D', Math History 'F', Stats II 'C', and Differential Equations 'A'. I must keep grades of B or better in order to maintain my GPA. I need a 3.00 or higher to get any jobs in mathematics and statistics. Each semester is harder since I have only math classes left and all 23 credits are upper level (past calculus 1,2,3,& 4). Because of this, I don't believe my grades are going to progress as I go on. My grades keep getting lower each time. I'm also on scholarship, help!

#803 - 10/17/2005 07:17 AM Re: Scared that I can't finish my math degree
nicholemd Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Hi there,

I am a 29 year old Biology major at a private college in atlanta, hoping to go on to medical school. Before I begin I would just like to say that I chose the school I attend now, because it had a special program for returning / nontraditional students. Hang in there, I know a student who had to retake three courses, he flunked out of all three in one semester, for he was working fulltime, and yes, he is on scholarship, lost it, but received another one. He is now in his senior year, applying to grad schools. If Math is what you like, stay in it for the long... take the classes over, talk to your professors, get some other students to help you. Tutors helped me get through my cal. courses.

Stay Strong!!!

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.