Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#844 - 12/14/2005 08:12 AM morning
Jorg Offline

Loc: Ar
Hi, I am a first time visitor...feel free to bombard me with info
have't been to school in 15 years. applied for aid but incredibly, after going over our finances, gov found a whopping $15 000 we can pay toward my college fees!! Is there any scholarship and grants you guys are aware of I can apply for? I am not a single mom, don't have kids, no parents in the army or that has graduated high school and I enrolled at a community college.
Part time work is not even an option because I need all those hours just to work through one math problem!

thanx :D

#845 - 12/27/2005 18:09 PM Re: morning
MidlifePhDStudent Offline

Loc: Southern California
Jorg, you may qualify for a Pell Grant at the very least. Check with your Financial Aid office on campus.

Good Luck with those math problems.

#846 - 01/04/2006 22:03 PM Re: morning
twin1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
hey, forget my last reply. I hadn't read this one. Are there any activities or organizations that you are presently participating in? Have you tried the free scholarship searches? If you fill out a profile then they find matching scholarships for you? Also don't forget to fill out your FAFSA to receive financial aid. What state do you live in? You should be able to find scholarships within your state.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.