Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#932 - 01/30/2006 07:12 AM Introduction+ISO advise
mytwogirls Offline

Loc: SW Pennsylvania
Hi all. I am seriously considering taking the leap & going to college. I'm 31 and a single mother of two little girls. Currently I'm working as an insurance agent(have been doing this for 10 years). I really burnt out & want to go back and get a degree so that I can do what I've always wanted--teach.
I'm just in the early stages. I imagine I'll have to take my SAT/ACT exams. I'm worried about finances, but I think I'll qualify for a good bit of aid. I was a good student in high school, but that was 12 years ago! So, I'm pretty nervous about this.
I have two schools in mind. One is within my state(PA), but it's an hour away. The other is in WV & is only 16 miles from my house. I would like to go the the one in WV, however the tuition is pretty high since I would have to pay out of state tuition.
Just looking for support & any advise you may have to offer...Thanks!

#933 - 01/30/2006 16:27 PM Re: Introduction+ISO advise
MidlifePhDStudent Offline

Loc: Southern California
Some schools have a reciprocal tuition agreement with their neighboring staes. Have you checked about this?

If you go to a community college for your first two years, you will not have to take the SAT, but you should make sure you plan to go to a school later that will give you credit for those basic courses.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.