Online Discussion Forums

Back to College
main | site map | search | features | journal | forums | bookshelf | contact | newsletter
The Library

Re-entry Student GraduateWelcome to our online student discussion forums! This is the place to ask a question about returning to college, share information with other returning students, or just join in the discussion!

For frequently asked questions about returning to college and getting started, please see the Website FAQ. No advertising, promotions, and posting of URLS, please. For additional questions about the use of the discussion forums and forum etiquette, see the Forum FAQ.

Free registration is required to post and participate in the many features of the community, which includes access to the member directory (User List) for networking. Unfortunately, due to large amounts of Internet spam, new registrations are temporarily closed. When registered, users can set preferences to watch a topic or receive an email when someone responds to posts. Be sure to update your profile to take advantage of all the benefits. Have fun!

Topic Options
#957 - 02/13/2006 09:30 AM Am I too old to start a career in pharmacy?
Malone Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hello, I am new at this website, but I really need some truthful advice.

I am 32yrs old, mother of a 13yr old, and a 10yr old. I have been married for 8yrs now, and I am looking to go back to school, educate myself, and get a better job. Currently I am a childcare provider, and have been doing this for 8 yrs now, and I am burnt out in this career. I started my own childcare business, because I wanted to be at home with my children, and plus be able to make some money also. Now my children are getting up in age, and can pretty much take care of themselves, and now I want to focus on what I really want to do, which is maybe being a pharmacists. But I am wondering, being out of the college game too long, am I choosing the right career for a 32yrs old? Can someone please give me some solid advice?

#958 - 02/15/2006 17:26 PM Re: Am I too old to start a career in pharmacy?
tt82 Offline

No, as a matter of fact it is a great idea. It is never too late to start pursuing your dreams. you can start by taking your pre-reqs at a junior college to become acclamated.

#959 - 03/06/2006 15:51 PM Re: Am I too old to start a career in pharmacy?
SanFran Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Ok, I'm much older than you. I'm 43. I've had a career in the home building business. But it's too much liability. I would like to find a more stable profession. I've looked at finance doctoral programs but I'm not the most quantitative oriented. Plus , after graduation I'm not sure what the salary would be. I might go for pharmacy.

Moderator:  Admin 

Copyright 1998- WD Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policies. Back to College® is a registered federal trademark of WD Communications LLC.