Hi! I am 40 ( well almost, but close enough to own it) and I am finally going back to school. With some encouragement and help financially, I no longer have excuses to keep me from it. Classes start on Monday. And because I am only going back part time for now, the road seems arduous and very long ahead of me. But I am excited about it.

Don't get me wrong, I am petrified. It's been 20 years since I have been in a classroom outside of supplemental career training and the idea of labs and groups and having to interact with students that could be my children is enough to keep me up at night. But I am sure I will live, I may have to overcome my insecurities quicker than I would like to, but I am sure it won't kill me

My one question to all, and this may sound silly but to me it's a serious concern. What are kids taking to classes these days? I have nightmare visions of technologically advanced youngsters taking notes on laptops or their hand held devices of choice, while I whip out my antiquated loose-leaf notebook and number 2 pencil because I have already spent my savings on the classes themselves and the horrifically expensive textbooks without the deep wallets of a parent to supplement my expenses. Are the professors going to expect that I come to class with some new fangled note taking device or NASA inspired calculator that I don't know about? I don't even know if three ring binders are even cool anymore!

Does anyone have any advice as to what to expect when I start my new adventure on Monday?