Ahhh, the getting over the rejection hurdle from bad grades. Guess what? It can be done. I am probably the poster child. Smart, but had serious issues in high school from family problems that I have since relinquished with alot of spiritual insight. I graduated high school(fortunately), went to community college(fortunately), but bombed. However, years later (almost two decades), I realized a critical moment in my life: To be there for my child (when I would have one) on a level that was never given to me. And this had to be done with education. So I toughened my bottom lip, fortunate enough to live in the same city (again) where I first went to college, paid for two classes to prove to myself and the university I wanted to transfer to, that I could do it! I made an A and B from the two courses, pulling my GPA up to a point where the courses (and ones previously acquired)) would now transfer, and applied to university. I am now completing my bachelor's degree this April and my University average upon graduation will be a 3.2. Not so bad after almost seventeen years out of school. I plan to go on to graduate school to complete my masters degree then have a wonderful child with the love of my life. I may still have to explain the problems of my youth from the dismal transcript from decades ago, but maybe not. Depends on the college understanding your passion of what you want in life, and I plan to tell them my journey in the graduate school admissions interview. We all come in on different levels in life, and not all of us were "psychologically" sound in the early years whether it was our fault or not. No matter what the issue, ,if you believe, and work to make your dreams a reality, it will happen. Keep working, keep striving, and the best of luck to you AND me!!!