Hello, I'm pleased I found this community. My name is Rose and this is my question.

I completed a year of college (as a commuter) and began my second year when a traumatic event occurred that left me very afraid to leave my home. As a result, I did not go to any classes. I abruptly pulled out of school and hid in my home. Now I have come to understand that this was foolish of me and that education is extremely important.

I want to go back to school so I can earn enough to take care of my grandmother, who has almost nothing to her name. But did I ruin my chances of completing my education because of what I did? Did I ruin my eligibility for financial aid? Can I go back to the same college, or do I need to enroll in a new one?

I don't know how to begin this process and I am both scared and depressed. I realize that I am young and stupid, so the answer might be right in front of me and I can't see it. I'm sorry to post my problem here, but I do not have parents I can consult on this matter, and my grandmother grew up in a time when most people did not go to college, so she is just as unsure as I am about this matter. But I am looking around this website for ideas and I think it's wonderful that site exists. I wish everyone luck in completing their education.

-edit- I think I might have put this in the wrong place. I'm not sure. I am so sorry. I just do not understand the internet.

Edited by RoseC (09/22/2010 20:47 PM)
Edit Reason: Wrong place?