Hi all, new here. I'm headed back to school but have run into a few problems. I went to college at one time during the usual time. I went back and got more, but had to stop again; lost my job and reached loan limits at the time. I should mention I'm without family or other resources. I'm going back, now since the loan limits on unsub loans have been increased. However, I'm running up against SAP time limits. Apparently once I reach that limit I'm not eligible for ANY financial aid, federal or institutional. Is it that way at every college, if they accept federal funds for their schools they have to abide by these rules? I've almost completed a BA in English. I'd rather go back and get something practical. I'd had a dream of being a writer, someone else's dream for me really, now very dead. I would prefer to get a 2nd degree, this time in biology, and perhaps go on to veterinary school. Long story, I know I'm older but have a NEED to serve animals (always have). Or, go on to grad school in something else. Any advice on getting/keeping financial aid...? I'm set up for spring and summer and beyond that, don't know.