Hey everyone! Newbie here. I'll share an intro regarding my life and what's sparked a desire to start college for the first time at age 31.

I got my first job at age 16 and two years later, I landed a legal analyst position at an investment firm. I was making great money, college didn't cross my mind. Over the years, I worked for other firms and ultimately went to work for a law firm. In Oct 2011, I was laid off and have not been able to find work. I have excellent experience in legal management, but no formal education. More importantly, I have followed this path for the money. I honestly cannot say that I have ever enjoyed going to work each day. My dilemma regarding potential decisions are as follows...

Option A: I can continue the path of working in a field that I do not enjoy. It will enable me to continue the standard of living that I am used to. I will continue to have money to travel, etc. However, in this economy, will I honestly find another well paying position as I had before? Even if I do, I think 2, 3, or 4 years down the road I may end up in the same situation. I may outgrow a position, get laid off, etc. With no formal education, I don't have the advantage of other candidates. If I take this path again, I fear I'll wake up 10-15 years from now and will feel that I have accomplished nothing with my life except working dead end jobs. It's hard to admit, but this is how I am feeling now.

Option B: I can go to school. Obviously, I will need to continue to seek work, even part time while I attend school. The only career path that I "think" I will enjoy is medical, specifically an RN. I have always had the desire to help others. The challenges; soon my savings will run out. If I don't seek full-time, well paying (near six figure) employment that I'm accustomed to, I will lose my home. I may even have to file bankruptcy. The thought of losing everything that I worked so hard for is absolutely devastating.

Moreover, I don't consider myself to be too smart and my biggest FEAR is starting something that I can't finish. I don't know if I really believe in myself that I can complete college. Back to the material possessions, I know that if I let everything go, one day I'll have it again. I just see the road to college as a very long path. Perhaps one that will pay off in the long run years down the road.

I'm lost..., not really sure what the right decision is. It's hard to think of basically starting over at age 31. Has anyone else been through anything similar? I need to somehow get myself motivated here. Thanks for reading! Any feedback would be appreciated.